Great news! SmartBear was recently named to the 2011 SD Times 100 list of leaders and innovators in the Quality Assurance category (which is shared this year with Security). We’re not strangers to this recognition, as we’ve been awarded this honor 4 times in previous years for our leadership and innovation in automated testing with TestComplete and in application lifecycle management with ALMComplete, DevComplete and QAComplete.
Other vendors represented in the Security & QA category include HP and Selenium.
Since 2003, SD Times has selected the top leaders and innovators, looking back at their
achievements in the previous calendar year.
According to the SD Times Editorial Board, “We carefully considered each
company’s offerings and reputation. We also listened for the ‘buzz’—how much
attention and conversation we’ve heard around the company and its products and
technologies—as a sign of leadership within the industry. Judging the SD
Times 100 takes months—nominations, research, debate, more research, more
debate. The greatest challenge is to whittle the list down to merely 100; many
organizations end up on the cutting-room floor.”
As every one of our employees and products is focused on helping you improve software quality, we are grateful for the recognition.
We also want to thank you, our community of users, who have shared your
thoughts, experience and expertise with other members of the community
through multiple outlets, whether on our internal forums, external
groups on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter, or through guest blogging
here. We’re appreciative of your continued support and participation.
Just some of the highlights looking back over the past year include:
- TestComplete 8.0 announced July 2010, adding both ease of use functionality for novice users, and powerful new features for our experienced users.
- TestComplete also is the first automated testing tool to support Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 and to support the development and deployment of Flex 4.5 applications for the Web. Several releases of TestComplete enhanced test automation support for the community of developers working with Adobe Flash Platform tools and Flex.
- AQtime 7.0 announced in September 2010 which brought AQtime to more development platforms and environments, as well as including AQtime Standard with Embarcadero RAD Studio XE.
- CodeCollaborator 6.0 in September 2010 which added peer review capability for Microsoft Office documents and more.
- DevComplete, our project management, requirements management and defect tracking tool was made available to those who do not require the full power of ALMComplete.
- QAComplete was also announced, bringing the test management capabilities of ALMComplete to help teams with comprehensive test planning, test execution coverage, collaboration, tracking project progress and the ability to organize, track and report on requirements, test cases and defects (and link any defects back to the original requirement and test case for end to end traceability)
- Free tools for project management (DevPlanner) and for test management (QAPlanner) were made available to make it easier for development and QA teams to get started.
- Winning multiple awards at the 2010 Automated Testing Institute Automation Honors were TestComplete (Winner: Best Overall Commercial Functional Automated Test Tool) and AQtime Pro (a Runner-Up for Best Overall Commercial Performance Automated Test Tool).
- Winning the Jolt Product Excellence Award in Testing and Debugging with TestComplete 8.0 in December 2010.
- AQtime Standard, our free application runtime analysis and performance profiling tool was announced as a standalone tool.
- Partnership with Tasktop and announcement of the Eclipse Mylyn Connector for CodeCollaborator this past February, bringing task-focused interface technology to code reviews managed in CodeCollaborator.
- Software Quality Connection, the new online community for software developers, quality assurance and IT professionals was announced in March, providing an unfiltered platform to discuss their views with peers and experts, stay up to date on the latest trends, receive advice and talk about career issues, laugh at our cartoons, and ultimately help them improve the quality of their software.
- Acquisition of AlertSite at the end of March, a global leader in web and mobile performance management solutions, significantly expanding our cloud and mobile offering and enabling customers to drive quality from development and testing of websites and applications, to assuring their continued performance after deployment.
- ALMComplete, DevComplete and QAComplete added cool new application lifecycle management features, including task board functionality; and AlertSite added over 20 new Google Analytics metrics giving IT and marketing professionals the tools to visualize the business impact technical performance has on website visitor behavior. AlertSite also won a 2011 Best Products Award.
Looking forward to the second half of 2011 and bringing you additional tools, functionality, and leadership series content and webinars to help you improve your software quality!
Read the news release: SmartBear Software Named to SD Times 100 for Fifth Year
The SmartBear Team