A round-up of our most popular educational application performance management resources of the year for IT/Operations and development teams, bundled in a super neat interactive, digital format for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy, and happy holidays!
Modern applications are developed, tested and delivered to end-users in ways that simply didn’t exist five years ago. In order to meet increasingly high user expectations, businesses need to deliver higher quality software at a faster rate, and those that fail to do so will lose market share to competition that does.
- Differences in modern vs traditional application delivery models and standards
- How Agile, DevOps and Continuous Delivery are transforming the game
- Overcoming common adoption challenges and implementation obstacles
While application performance management solutions have been mitigating poor user experiences since the early 90s, only recently have these tools begun to deliver on the promise of proactively identifying and diagnosing performance issues before users are impacted—but they are still far from perfect. For starters, why the lack of unified functionality? Why do we still need multiple tools in order to deliver a single APM solution? Or do we?
- A brief history of APM and how APIs and the cloud changed everything
- Managing end-user experience across distributed applications
- Understanding the difference between APM and availability monitoring
- When is it APM? 5 qualification criteria for assessing solutions
- How the demand for unification has forever raised the bar in APM
There are two primary techniques for monitoring web and mobile applications—synthetic monitoring, and real monitoring—each with very different capabilities, advantages and disadvantages. How do you know which technique to use?
- Understanding the differences between the two techniques and how they work
- When to use synthetic, vs when to use real—specific problems each can help solve and questions they answer
- Tips for evaluating synthetic vs real solutions, key criteria to look for
- Why you need both: the advantage of using synthetic and real monitoring together
If you work in software, you are most likely well-aware of the frenzied waters of the current API industry. Like many people, you may also be unsure how to navigate those waters. Still, if you are trying to compete in this arena, you’ll need to understand the market landscape in the same way you do when you are planning and developing your core products.
- Guidelines for managing your API strategy and lifecycle
- How to make your API a great product
- 5 key tips for monitoring your APIs in production
Synthetic Monitoring. Real Monitoring. API Monitoring. Code-Level Root Cause. All of these are essential for ensuring application performance and delivering a superior user experience. But how many performance monitoring and APM tools do you need in order to utilize all of these solutions? If your answer is more than one, you haven’t seen AlertSite UXM.
- The story of unifying 11 different solutions and 6 core technologies in a single platform to provide complete user experience management under one roof
- An overview of key capabilities and a high resolution features tour
- A short product demo walking through the brand new synthetic monitoring release
- Customer testimonials, stick-figure covered whiteboard diagrams and more!